Extensive Wi-Fi coverage is available on campus via LEARN (Lanka Education and Research Network), which is the main wireless network available to staff and students; It is unlimited, and accessible across campus and in lecture theatres.
SLTC provides all students and staff with a standard G Suite email account that could store files up to 5TB each. None of the Docs, Sheets, or Slides you create will use up any of your personal storage space. This can be considered as a secure personal storage space for your work at the campus.
Your email address will be based on your first name and last name (e.g. email@example.com if the first name is Adam and the last name is Smith).
Respective departments will use your student email to contact you with regards important messages on your course. The University also shares news, events and other information using email.
Students have access to a range of downloadable software required for their degree.
- Microsoft Office and related publishing tools
- Specialist Software e.g. SPSS, MatLab, AutoCAD, Android Studio and SDK tools, Lab-center Electronics: Proteus, Atmel Studio etc.
IT Service Desk & PC Clinic
The IT Service Desk & PC Clinic (m: +94 71 246 2981) are the central point of contact for students seeking help, advice and support for all IT related services, that includes:
- Registration issues - passwords, user accounts
- Fingerprint attendance related issues
- Computing advice & information
- Assistance in using IT services available
- PC and Mac support service and more
STUDENTS AT SLTC HAVE ACCESS TO:
Modern High-tech computer Laboratories
The campus has extensive computer labs available to students 5 days per week. Computer use on campus is completely free to you (except for printing). Registered students are able to access high bandwidth wired and wireless internet on SLTC computer labs, and in many social and learning spaces.
Smart Lecture Rooms
Our Smart Lecture Rooms have the latest technology to best facilitate your teaching needs:
- Podium with lecturer laptop and personal device connections (VGA, HDMI, mini DisplayPort)
- Smart IQ projector and screen
- Amplifier and speakers with fixed podium microphone or wireless microphone receiver
- Document Camera (as Smart projector feature)